Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween?

     Thinking about the timing of this blog I realized that Halloween is bearing down on us. While I do not "observe" or "celebrate" Halloween, I realize many of you just might. So tell me if you have any special treats you make for your families for Halloween, and I will scan my endless recipe collection to see if I can find anything that might be of interest to you. 
    I do confess to making "Mummy dogs" this past weekend. It is just an alternative method of wrapping frankfurters in pastry dough than traditional "pigs in a blanket". My children, all in their 20's now, laughed, saying, "really, Mom?" 
     Did they eat them? You bet they did. Did they unwrap the "bandages"? Naturally. Ah, kids, at any age, you gotta love them!
    Here's a link to how to make the "Mummy Dogs" courtesy of Pillsbury. 



     Besides trick or treating, do any of you have any food or goody traditions for Halloween? ALERT: I do like my sweets!
      'Til next time......



No comments:

Post a Comment